Monday, February 27, 2012

Pretty as a princess

Emma decided to break out the Rapunzel dress yesterday and wear it around the house...all day.  She started out with the wig too, but that part didn't last long.



I forget what happened here, but she was irritated with me for some reason.  If I remember right, I think maybe she wanted me to do a video instead of a photo.  One day, she'll probably be mad at me for sharing this picture.  Oh well!  What kind of mother would I be if I didn't embarass my kid once in awhile?

I was browing Pinterest recently and came across a cute idea for a wreath made out of different colors of fabric and ribbon.  I make plenty of plans in my mind to do projects like this, but they rarely ever actually see the light of day.  But I did this one for Emma's bedroom door, and I am really happy with the way it turned out!

In fact, I showed a coworker the photo above, and she ordered one for her niece!  Here is Emma helping me make the 2nd one.  Still in princess dress, of course.


For those of you who may not have discovered Pinterest yet, it's a highly-addictive site where you can "pin" (bookmark) websites with creative ideas for recipes, crafts, art projects, clothing, exercise, home decor, kids, household tips...pretty much anything.  Megan, Aunt Martha, and probably Lexi, I think you guys would get alot out of it, if you haven't looked at it yet.  Let me know if you need an invite!

Yesterday, Emma got a tub of Playdough in her kid's meal at lunch.  Among other things, she made a flower with an "E" in the middle.  She was very proud and asked me to take a picture of her with the flower.


Since we've talked about Emma a bunch already, here are some silly Drew pics:


I tried to take some sweet pictures of the kids together recently.  I think this one, and the black and white one on the side bar of the blog, are my faves.

But this is more representative of my many, many attempts to get a good picture.  Drew was either looking away, or smiling right at the camera while managing to punch, slap, and/or shove his sister in the face.  What a stinker. 

No comments: