Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Number 8

We don't know where she picked it up, but Emma is a huge fan of the number 8 lately. She points it out on signs, price tags, billboards, anywhere she can see it. Plus, occasionally she will get stuck on saying "number....EIGHT!" over and over again. It's pretty entertaining. I got her to say it a few times this morning:

It was perfect timing because 8 was the number of the day on Sesame Street this morning, so she was already on an "8" kick. The letter of the day was R, which is one of her favorite letters, but that's another post for another day...

We had lots of fun playing with our big beach ball this morning. It's almost as big as Emma, so it's pretty funny to watch her carry it around! I showed her how to kick the ball, which she loved.

You'll notice that her hair is creatively pulled back today. She insisted that I use two ponytail holders in her hair this morning, but she wouldn't let me take the first one out to put in piggytails, so we ended up with one on the top and one in the back. Interesting look, but she was happy with it. I think she has finally realized that there is a solution to keeping her bangs out of her face, as long as she doesn't pull the ponytail holders out. I'm thankful for her realization because I just can't bring myself to cut her hair yet!

3 comments:

nfarbotko said...

8 is popular. Every number or letter Audrey sees is "8, 9, 10!"

Anonymous said...

you are too funny about cutting her hair. i have cut Laila's several times and just tonight actually. i just even it all out until it all catches up. it also helps it to grow in thicker. audrey's mom finally gave in and cut her hair at oh 2 1/2. have a great weekend.
SARAH

Anonymous said...

you are too funny about cutting her hair. i have cut Laila's several times and just tonight actually. i just even it all out until it all catches up. it also helps it to grow in thicker. audrey's mom finally gave in and cut her hair at oh 2 1/2. have a great weekend.
SARAH