Saturday, May 3, 2008

18 months

Oops. It's been awhile since our last entry. Between our internet being down and Emma being sick, we haven't had a chance to update lately.

Emma had her 18-month check up on Wednesday. (She officially turned 18 months on Monday...where has the time gone?) She measured 31" tall, and she weighed in at 21 lbs 6 oz, although (as usual) she was sick for a few days before our visit and didn't eat much, so her true healthy weight is probably slightly higher. I think she weighed more than that at her 15 month checkup! Anyways, she is right around 25th percentile for both. Dr. Dewling says as long as height and weight are fairly proportional, she is not concerned that Emma is on the smaller end of the range. I guess she's just a little squirt!

The doctor was surprised that Emma isn't walking yet, although she had her try while we were in the room, and she said, "Oh, she can totally walk! She's just choosing not to." She's convinced that Emma will be off and running before the end of May. She was very impressed with Emma's language skills and feels like her brain has been focusing more on that than on learning how to walk. She said she expects an 18-month old to have at least 10 words in their vocabulary. I told her Emma says way more than that, and that she basically will repeat anything you say to her, and she said her language development sounds more like its at a 2 year old's level. She's brilliant, what can we say?

Last week, we went to Portrait Innovations to get her 18 month pictures done. As usual, we got more than we needed, but they were all so great! It started off rough, and I thought we might have to come back on another day. Fortunately, the photographer brought a helper in with him (he called her "The Baby Whisperer") and Emma LOVED her. After that, it was a cakewalk. I got the CD of all of the pictures, so in order to prevent some of you from seeing the same pictures you already have, here are a few of the outtakes that we didn't have printed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE TOUNGE PICTURE EMMA. I hope you are feeling better.
sarah

nfarbotko said...

Cute pictures!

Megan Meissner said...

If that second picture is a reject, I can't imagine how good the ones you ordered are!