We participated in the neighborhood garage sale this weekend, so Emma spent Saturday morning out in the driveway helping us sell things. It was such a beautiful day that most of the neighbors were out enjoying the weather -- and perusing what people had for sale, of course! One of our neighbors came by pulling one of her sons, Marcus, in a 2-seater wagon. After the third time she walked by and asked Emma if she wanted to ride along, Emma finally got up the nerve to give it a try. She sat there the whole time, looking at Marcus and sucking her thumb. As soon as they came back and I took her out, she said, "Have fun wagon!" So I guess she just had a unique way of showing it. All in all, we made about $130 and unloaded a few pieces of furniture that were taking up space in our basement, the sale was worth it.And look! Right after the garage sale, we captured that rare true smile once more. Maybe the snarly smile is losing its popularity.
Emma started "reading" her books to herself and to her dolls yesterday. It is just about the cutest thing ever! The amazing part is that she usually knows at least one word from each page. I guess she really has been listening when we read those books for the 974,823rd time! Last night, she read Click Clack Moo to her Abby Cadabby doll as they both sat in the rocking chair. It was so sweet that I made Tim come upstairs and watch too. Maybe we'll get it on video one of these days. The book starts by saying "Farmer Brown has a problem. His cows like to type." She opens to that page and says, "Have problem. Cows type." When you get to the page where Farmer Brown tells the cows and hens that he will not give them electric blankets (because they are cows and hens), Emma says, "No 'lectric blankets!" I don't even think she knows what an electric blanket is...As for Emma's eating habits these days, she is still very much a fan of ketchup. She had green beans at dinner last night, and she asked for ketchup to dip them into. I happily obliged, as long as it means she eats all of her beans, and then I decided we needed to have a picture of Emma's current favorite munchie, for posterity's sake. So here is Emma with her green beans and ketchup.
No comments:
Post a Comment