Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kitty puppet

It's Friday, and we all know what that means...another art class! Today's project was inspired by Momenti di Felicita, a painting from Rosina Wachtmeister. She is known for her bright and vivid colors and the use of cats and other animals in her artwork.

We started by gluing the head of the kitty onto the neck. Emma decided on the placement all by herself, and did a wonderful job, I must say. Then she drew some colorful lines on the cat's body and drew his ears, nose, and whiskers with some oil pastels. After Miss Chris taped the stick on the back, she brought around some watercolor paints. Emma loved painting, except she preferred to put the brush in the paint, then the water, and then onto the paper. We had to work on the order a little bit! Here is the finished product: More froggy stamps on her hands at the end of class made Emma a very happy camper. Miss Chris said that she was very impressed with Emma's attention span and ability to use the different art supplies, since she is not yet two. Sadly, next week is our last class -- the time has gone by so quickly! The classes are for kids that are 20-36 months, so I'm sure we will be back for another session before she turns three!

2 comments:

Megan Meissner said...

Emma's artistic abilities are very impressive!

nfarbotko said...

So cute! I hope they have the spring class on a day that Audrey can go (if I can manage to get out the door with two kids!).

By the way, I still hear random "Play with Emma?" so let's try to get together soon!