Emma went to her friend Kaitlin's birthday party on Sunday. The party was at a local pottery painting studio, which is one of Emma's favorite places to go. Not to mention, her BFF Elizabeth went too, so she was super excited.
When we arrived, Kaitlin's mom (who happens to be a neighbor) said due to limited space, the parents were encouraged to drop the kids off and come back at the end of the party, rather than hanging out the whole time. Since her best buddy was by her side, Emma said she would be ok if I left and came back later. So Mommy got 90 minutes of alone time at The Avenue shopping center across the street -- it was a wonderfully unexpected surprise!
While I was perusing the sale racks at Ann Taylor and Rack Room, Elizabeth's mom hung around at the party and took a few pictures with her phone. It was a western-themed party, so the girls had cowgirl hats and painted horses. It was pretty adorable:
And my favorite:
(That's Emma on the very far right.)
While Emma was dressing like a cowgirl, Drew was showing his team spirit. This picture will make some of you cringe. Enjoy!




2 comments:
For Kathryn's sake I'm making a mental note that the proper dress attire for future birthday parties is strictly dresses!
Did all the little girls just happen to wear the same style of dresses?
I didn't even realize that until you said it! I think it's because the girls all wear play clothes at school and love to dress up when they have a chance. Don't worry - Kathryn will have plenty of party dress hand-me-downs! :)
Post a Comment